Thank you for your interest in the University of Kentucky and the Wildcat Marching Band Color Guard! As a member of the Color Guard and Wildcat Marching Band, you are a visible representative of not only the athletic teams we support, but also the University and state of Kentucky. This commitment is upheld by dedicated students who devote themselves during the season to practices, games and special appearances. When we select our teams, we are looking for talented, committed and well-rounded individuals. Our team is hard working and dedicated to the program and believes that as they improve, their team improves. The rewards from having this type of experience cannot be measured. Imagine the excitement of being a part of an SEC university: performing at some of the largest nationally televised games, and traveling to various venues around the country. The Color Guard performs at all home football games in Commonwealth Stadium and various special events. You will find the team performing during pregame and halftime as a part of the Wildcat Marching Band. Earning a place on the Color Guard at UK means securing friends for a lifetime and creating some of the most memorable experiences of your life!
Announcing the 2014 UK Color Guard Auditions!
The University of Kentucky Color Guard will be holding auditions for the 2014-2015 squad August 16th in Lexington, Kentucky.
Entertaining tens of thousands of fans with difficult choreography and high energy-performances, the University of Kentucky Color Guard performs at nationally televised games, travels to various venues around the country, and performs at all home football games in Commonwealth Stadium.
The Color Guard consists of 24-32 dedicated, committed, and well-rounded student athletes, who devote themselves each week during the season to practices, games and special appearances.
Members of the Color Guard and Wildcat Marching Band are a visible representative of the athletic teams they support and the state of Kentucky, and we want YOU to help continue that representation.
If you are a incoming freshman or current full-time student at The University of Kentucky or BCTC, and are interested in joining the 2014-2015 UK Color Guard, review the audition information listed below, and click the Interested Button!
- Saturday, August 16 | Dorm Move-In's, Registration, Clinic & Auditions | Details Provided In July
- Sunday, August 17 | Early Week Band Camp Begins | Details Provided In July
- Audition attire will consist of the following: A form fitting white top, black bottoms (shorts/leggings), and athletic shoes. Hair and Make-up should be performance ready (Half Up/Half Down, Curled, with mascara and a red lip). No Jewelry, jeans, or sandals.
- A one-minute original routine will be prepared by each prospective member (a CD of music must be provided)
- A brief interview with the judging panel after each individual routine (no more than 3-5 questions)
- A group flag and pom routine taught and prepared by coaching staff and current members/ auditioned in groups of 4.
Spinning/Tossing Skills To Demonstrate:
- Drops Spins – Single & Double Time
- Peggy Spins (A.K.A Overhand Spins)
- Pull Hits
- Basic Pop Toss
- Standard Double
- Parallel Toss
- Basic 45 Toss
What To Bring:
- The outfit listed above
- A non-returnable photo of yourself
- A water bottle
If you're just interested for now and would like more information before committing, click the black button so that we can get in touch with you can answer any questions you may have.
If you're ready to commit, click the blue button to get on the roster and be sent more information on the upcoming year in the WMB.