Auditions & Scholarships
Audition Information for the Wind Symphony, Symphony Band and Concert Band
This information is current as of 07/23/2013
If you are auditioning for the Wind Symphony & Symphony Band:
- All wind auditions will take place Room #22, Fine Arts Building. Players need to report at the designated time to be assigned an audition number. Latecomers risk not being heard.
- The audition sign up sheet for percussionists is on the Percussion Studio bulletin board.
- Auditions are behind the screen. Sight reading is part of the audition process.
- Scholarship recipients must audition, per scholarship contract. All others interested in performing in the Wind Ensemble or Symphony Band are encouraged to prepare and take an audition.
- First rehearsals for the Wind Symphony and Symphony Band are Wednesday, January 9, 2013.
If you are planning on playing with the Concert Band:
- You do not have to take an audition on Monday or Tuesday.
- Bring your instrument/equipment to our first rehearsal for seating and part assignment.
- Our first rehearsal is scheduled for Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 7:15 pm in the Band Room, Room #22.
Audition music is posted below. Click on an instrument to find a PDF of the music. Other instruments will be posted soon!
Saxophone (Everyone play excerpt 1 & 2, add #3 to audition for Wind Ensemble)
Jazz Flute/Clarinet (top band only)
Still have questions? Call the UK Band Office, 859.257.2263.
Best of luck to everyone.
The University of Kentucky Bands offers generous support to outstanding students who demonstrate the potential for superior musical performance as well as outstanding academic achievement. Performance-based scholarships are competitive and are determined through auditions with the members of the UK Woodwind, Brass, and Percussion faculty. Awards include full and partial-tuition scholarships, and service awards are also available through several endowed scholarship programs including the Robert C. McDowell Scholarship Fund, Henry P. Ormsby Memorial Scholarship, UK Band Alumni Scholarships, and the Harry Clarke Band Scholarship. Scholarship awards are available to both music majors and non-music majors.
Auditions will be held on the dates listed below for prospective music majors/minors and for scholarship consideration. To schedule an audition, or for more information about UK Band scholarships, please call the UK Band Office, (859) 257-2263.
Friday, January 24, 2014
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Friday, February 14, 2014
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Friday March, 7, 2014
Saturday, March 8, 2014